Monday, September 21, 2009

Miscellaneous Wine and Beer Stuff

It's been about a month since I last posted something here and there's a good reason for it. I've had nothing to say.

Yeah, I've enjoyed some nice wines during that time... the 2006 Justin Cabernet, the 2007 Concha Y Toro Cabernet, 2005 Zaca Mesa Syrah, 2007 Mollydooker Syrah... and I've tasted some good beer.... Bear Republic's Racer 5, Stone's Arrogant Bastard, and Sierra Nevada Torpedo IPA....

And I've come to a conclusion. I'm currently bored with wine. There's nothing really exciting to me right now in terms of tasting something that gives me the sensation of WOW! In other words, in my budget... say... $7 - $30 per bottle, I've probably spent around $30,000 in the last 7-8 years...

So, I've tasted a lot of wine. And - nothing blows me away anymore. Yeah, there's some good tasting stuff and rarely do I taste something that I simply do not like - however simple the wine is.... but, really.... it's still just grape juice.

I've actually been navigating over to beer.... the problem is it's so freaking filling and I'm not a sipper when it comes to beer... I like to DRINK it! So, it goes quickly and sits on my waistline. Not good.

But my taste buds say different. My taste buds don't care about my waistline or my budget or my opinion. And I've found that, at least for now, beer is more interesting than wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment