Monday, February 15, 2010

Linne Calodo



It's clear that I enjoy many wines from the Paso Robles area. Most of the wineries I like best are on the west side of highway 101, although there are a couple on the east side that I like as well.

A few years back, my wife and I stopped by the Linne Calodo winery. It was more of a barn, really. Nothing fancy. Dirt Road. Big wooden doors. Not the shiny kind.

Tasted two or three wines. I don't remember.

And they were fantastic. So, we bought one bottle. The Outsider. A blend of about 63% Zinfandel, 20% Syrah, and 17% Mourvedre.

And I put it in my Vino Temp. Until last night.

We opened it as part of a home cooked Valentine's dinner. Shrimp Alexander. Baby Greens Salad. Grilled Cajun Prime New York Steak.

And The Outsider. The wine was fantastic. It had amazing structure. The nose was intoxicating. The food pairing was perfect.

The bottle was gone in less than an hour.

That never happens here. It usually takes 2-3 hours.

We couldn't get enough of it.

I'm going back for more.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment