Monday, July 27, 2009

Concha Y Toro 2007 Cabernet

2 nights ago, we had a few friend over for dinner.... grilled some steaks, salmon, made a salad, and dined. Unusually, there weren't very many wine drinkers among us this time so I made margaritas for those who still wanted something to drink.

Me, I opened a bottle of Concha Y Toro Marques De Casa Concha 2007 Cabernet. It paired very nicely with my grilled Rib Eye steak. The wine was still young, however and - although I should have decanted, I opened the bottle after the steaks were done and we were seated. So, there wasn't much time.

I had a couple of glasses and re corked the bottle, only to open it up again last night. NOW the wine had softened a bit... I could taste yummy notes of dark chocolate and mocha or cocoa powder and there was a nice cedar and spice note to the nose.

Keep in mind, this wine is still just a baby... it needs to cellar for a while... I'm going to pick up a few more bottles - love those $14 prices at Costco - and lay 'em down... I think that, by late 2010 to mid 2011, this wine should be phenomenal and will probably only get more phenomenal as the years go by... probably good for 8-10 years.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment