Thursday, July 9, 2009

Santa Ema

I opened this bottle of 2005 Santa Ema Reserve Cabernet from Maipo Valley in Chile about 6 days ago. It paired very nicely with the Cajun Rib Eye my wife and I shared but was still a bit over the top on the fruit... medium berries overwhelmed the tannins... so, I corked it and put it in the fridge.

Yup... the fridge.

Then I opened it again 2 nights ago and WOW! Thinking back, I probably should have decanted this thing... what a wonderful dark and rich Cabernet this turned out to be. For fun, I corked it one more time and put it back into the fridge until last night... damned if the wine wasn't even more balanced! This after 6 days... 6 days!!!!

Now - before you assume that I drank it too cold, I didn't. I let it sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes before pouring. There was no chilling-green effect. The wine was simply delicious.... and all for $9.99 at Cost Plus World Market.

Cheers!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment